Friday 20 April 2012

Built up from the Bare Bones!

I need to get some family pictures on here. Ones my family won't kill me for posting. :) 
 This is a pic of me (in the middle) and my two sisters. The one on the left is my older sis (Mary Ann) and on the right is my younger sis (Liz). 
I have to say I have the best sisters in the world. They are super supportive of what I do and love me, even if I do tend to neglect them from time to time. (Sorry guys, I'll text the min I get off this computer...I promise) 
My sisters don't live close enough for us to get together very often. Most of the time I only see them one at a time, so when we do all get together it really is special. 
My sister Liz lives much closer (within two hours..depending on traffic)
So she often spends time looking for furniture pieces for me to redo. 
She happen to pick something up for me a while back. And I'm so glad she did. 
 This was after getting it home and starting the fix up process.
 But really...with details like this, it was certainly worth it.


 This really is the way it came to us. Bare bones! 
Other than wood..it was bare. 
BUT......... in some ways that just made it so much easier to deal with. I didn't have any yucky material to remove, and I didn't get tired of pulling out nails and staples etc. 
So that's a good thing right?
On the flip side though. I had no idea how to upholster it. I didn't have a pattern to follow. So I was going to "wing" it. 
I tend to go out and find the material first..and then pick paint colours from there. 
Which is what I did here. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted..and was lucky to find the perfect material pretty much right away. 
And this is what I ended up with. 
 I'm SUPER happy with how she turned out :) 
Doing a happy dance.
 Those details really pop now!



 I'm such a sucker for this sort of thing.



 So once again. 
From this.......
 To this.....
 Are you as in love as I am? 
I got this done just on time..
Will share more next week, but shhhhhh this old baby is heading to a photo shoot on Sunday, lets hope the weather is great! 

Sharing:
The Shabby Nest 
Miss Mustard Seed 
French Country Cottage 
Be Different Act Normal 
Tatter Tots and Jello 
Two Sasters 
Funky Junk Interiors 
The Charm of Home 

8 comments:

  1. Nice makeover! Isn't it fun to breath new life into these old pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would call this one fun...but it was a learning experience and I just love it :)

      Delete
  2. I love that ...perfect for your deck at the cottage if you keep it. When I relocate to Witchita. Will & I will be looking for some furniture pieces to decorate our casa. You do have the best sisters too but I have a pretty awesome little sis too. Miss you Titia & it was great to see you & appreciate you taking the boys & I too the airport. Next time I want to chill at your cottage with you for a couple of days & shop for some furniture with you....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy...will spend some quality cottage time together for sure!! And who can say no to shopping...lol

      Delete
  3. I didn't think to go dark, but what an excellent choice!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wasn't planning on going dark...but when I found that material, I just had to :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to help
    with Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get
    my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not
    seeing very good gains. If you know of any please share. Thanks!


    Also visit my web blog http://seocody.com,

    ReplyDelete