Sunday 26 August 2012

From Junk to FaB

I really believe that most things can be saved. OR recreated. 
But you need to have a vision. Sometimes it take a bit of time to see beyond what is presented to you and think outside the box. 
A few weeks ago I did a table for the neighbours and wouldn't take anything for doing it. So they gave me a couple of old pieces they thought I might do something with. Be prepared. The before pictures are brutal. 

 This top one had a drawer that was just falling apart. It did have the door fronts, but I didn't like the look of it all. Stickers and scratches all over the piece. But it was solid. My husband (who really has become my partner in crime) and I talked it over and decided to do something completely different with it.
This one was missing the top drawer completely! and the bottom drawer had huge gouges out of it. You can't see it very clearly in this pic but it was also split and just not fixable. But again...we decided to go in a completely different direction. 

We worked hard, and I'm sorry I don't have any in between pics. The Top picture was an entertainment unit. We cut off both the top and the bottom of it and redesigned it to this.

 Wouldn't this look perfect in your mud room? Entrance? kids room for holding extra toys?

 I added a splash of blue inside the drawers :)
 I'm 5'6" and it is the perfect height for me to sit on.
The handles were replaced and the whole thing was very slightly distressed and sealed to last :) 

The second piece was given a similar make over. 
Again, cut down, and shorter than the first one. 

 Isn't she sweet?
 I love how the handles just set her off.


Some light distressing and a good seal..and she is ready for her new home! 
Sharing here:
My 1929 Charmer 
I should be mopping the Floor 
Primitive and Proper 
The Ivy Cottage 
Salt Tree 
Faded Charm 
Savvy Southern Style 
36th Avenue 
Domestically Speaking 

18 comments:

  1. Wow.......nothing like what we saw when he dropped those off!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful example of thinking outside the box.
    You are very inspiring.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet it is! I found you through full circle creations and happy I did:) Love it.
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome, I will be heading back there again soon. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. wow, it's a twofer! love them both- love the blue interior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...you did GREAT. What a visionary you are to see to beautiful pieces from one "rescue" piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! Visiting from POWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo amazing! You are SOOO TALENTED!!!
    Your neighbors are so lucky to have an inspiration like you nearby....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative, good for you for turning something that otherwise would be trash into something fabulous. Love that green color on the chest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazingly creative and and now amazingly pretty. Love the color and yes the knobs really set the piece off. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't you creative! What great ideas... love them both. I'm featuring you in the Power of Paint Party Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete