Sunday 18 November 2012

Harlequin love

My daughter and I are both avid readers. Unfortunately I no longer have a lot of time to stick my nose in a book and often I really miss it. 
I always loved to read. When I was really little there were several books sitting on a shelf at home that I was not allowed to touch. They were my mothers special books. I knew one day I was going to read them. It became a goal of mine. 
Sadly when the day came that I could read them, I found I wasn't all that interested in them. 
But by that time, I was a teen and had found Harlequin books. Easy reading and it combined my dreams of romance with my love of history. 
I quickly outgrew the love of Harlequin..but kept my love of history. 

Why am I telling you this? 
Well when I discovered the Harlequin design on some pieces of furniture, it brought back some wonderful memories for me. So I set off to find the perfect piece in order to hopefully bring both good memories and a good design together. 

Now you know I suck at before pictures. I totally forgot this time as well, so please bare with me as I simply show you the final product. 

 I picked a soft and bold colour. This dresser came to me already painted white and I kept it as a base for this.
 I think you can see the white showing through the soft grey. Giving it a really worn out look.
 I loved these handles, but they weren't working for me in brass and white..so what is a painter to do but paint them :)
 Cute legs eh? Adding just a bit of light to heaviness of the design.

Ohhhh my other love...cars. I love the bug for the old fun factor, and the Benz for a new fun factor.
My husband and I have quite the collection of model cars, and every time we replace one of our real cars...we have to also go out and get a model. 
I'm still hoping one day to own a Karmen Ghia. Think if I sell enough furniture, I can get one?
Wait...that would mean I would have to stop buying more furniture. oyyy what a dilemma.

ahhhh dreams are good too right? 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We will be off later this week to do some Black Friday shopping. Anyone know of some good second hand stores in Saginaw? ;) 

Sharing here:
Homemaker on a Dime
Debbie Doo's 
Nifty Thrifty Things
Coastal Charm 
Salt Tree 
Savvy Southern Style 
Domestically Speaking 
  


5 comments:

  1. Looks great! Nice job! Stopping by via Debbiedoo's link party.
    http://www.the-finishing-touches.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love harlequin......
    Soon... This is the best dresser ever.... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titia,
    I really love this chest and I will feature it at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY party on Monday. Please feel free to grab my starfish featured button for your blog.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do and THANK YOU and Thank you Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dresser looks great! Love the model cars too.

    ReplyDelete