Monday 3 March 2014

Bedside tables created from an old vanity.

I've done this before and I love it. 
A great use for old vanities. 

I totally forgot a real "before" pic..but picture something like this

But with a broken triple mirror. 

I started ripping it apart before I remembered to snap a few pics. 

 As you can see I had already cut it up.
 Drawers look good right? WRONG!
 Look how all that double veneer is lifting up.
 But other than that...it really was a solid piece.
 Of course after all that cutting there were a few things that needed fixing...but not really a big deal.

See? Some glue, wood fill and a few (dozen) clamps. And of course a couple days of gluing and filling...and well you get the picture. 

But ohhhh so worth it. 
We now have two bedside tables! 
Aren't they lovely? 
 You can't even tell there was a lower table in between them.

How lovely are the details? 
And I grabbed these lovely knobs from my stash. I think they fit perfectly for some prince or princess. 

Every time I do one of these I learn something new...and I'm so looking forward to doing more. 



4 comments:

  1. Wow! So much depth in the color! I would love for you to share on my Chic By You Link Party @ http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chic-by-you-wednesday-link-party-2.html. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you certainly do some incredible work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, how creative is this. Gorgeous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! And those knobs are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete