Monday 18 August 2014

Bed to Fantasitc!

I see so many beds out there that have been relegated to basements and attics and garages. Beautiful amazing beds. 
Their only sin......... they are 3/4. 

If you don't know what a 3/4 bed is let me give a brief explanation.

They are small and big at the same time. 
They are bigger than a twin/single but not as big as a double. They are odd. They don't fit into the mold of todays life. 

Maybe this is why there are so many divorces now. Husbands and wives now have to much room to roam. If we all lived a bit closer to our spouses, just maybe we could get along better. 
Ok, that's probably a pipe dream, but I'm sticking to my theory...lol 

Anyway, I see these beds all the time.



Isn't it pretty? 
But no one wants one of these. Sometimes I just can't pass them by. I have to save them! And then I cry when no one wants to have a custom mattress made. 
So I work with it. 
And I chop them up. 
And I create something that saves the beautiful and makes them useful again. 
This time....I did this. 

 I went searching for throw pillows for this girl. Something that would make the pics really stand out.
 And I found NONE.


 Oh I have throw pillows, but they would have simply been a distraction on this pretty piece.



So I left it empty. I hope you understand, I wanted this girl to shine....to really shine. 
I hope it worked. 

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! It helps when you start with great 'bones'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as is ... does not need pillows.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the bench is beautiful as is. If I were to use pillows I would use a solid red. But you really don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Happy to feature you at the party this morning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You revealed the diamond in the rough and, made it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for loving on old furniture and giving inspiration to others. It is a shame to see old pieces like this cast aside because people don't know how to up-cycle and work them in their homes again. Great work!

    ReplyDelete