Saturday 4 October 2014

Farmhouse table

Wanna see something ugly? 

Trust me this is a GOOD picture. 
The real before was brutal. 
I had gotten a call from a woman who was helping her mother in law clear out the house. The house was sold and the mother in law was moving into an apartment. 
There were a few small things that were going to yard sale, but they felt this one although unique wasn't in good enough shape to be sold at a yard sale, and they didn't think it could be donated. 

They hoped I could save it. 
I hoped I could too. 

So I took it home, dismissed the eye roll from hubby..and got to work. 
And boy was there a lot of work. 
Both leaves had to be removed, straightened (water, concrete blocks on a cement floor for a week will do wonders.......trust me) 
Then stripping it all, rebuilding it and doing a bit of magic with stain and paint.......
No big deal! 

cough cough

Got it. 
Done
Happy. 

 Please forgive the lousy pictures. It was raining, and these pics were taken inside the workshop with my phone.

 I had every intention of getting better pics today, but it's still raining..so we are living with what we have!
Isn't that shape sweet? 

Now to find it a home, before the rain turns to something a bit more solid. 

Sharing: 
Coastal Charm
Elizabeth & Co.  
Miss Mustard Seed 
Beyond the Picket Fence 
  



3 comments:

  1. You sure saved that baby! It looks great...and you can't beat free. But a fix up on a piece like that is NOT for the faint of heart. GREAT job...and I love the color! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, I'm loving the lines and adore drop leaf tables!

      Delete
  2. Love what you have done to this little lady.
    Lots of blessings from South Africa

    ReplyDelete