Thursday 30 October 2014

The couch set is done!

It's DONE!

And it's gone home.......to it's new home. 

I've been told that the background on this material looks white and have had questions as to why I would choose a tan material for the seat. 
The background on this material is actually tan as well. The pictures obviously don't show what it looks like in real life. The colour is just about identical. 

I bought this set a couple of months ago and spent a lot of time ripping it apart and rebuilding it. 
You can read about that Here and Here

I had a LOT of interest in this set. Including my daughter wanting it. 
I really wasn't sure what I was going to do. Picking someone was soooo hard. I wanted it to go to the right home. 
And each person that asked would have been perfect. 
Then I met "the" person. 
Her story touched me. 
And I knew. 
See the single long cushion? That was her idea, her need. I had already had the cushions done. Two of them. But she asked, begged me to redo them. See she has several elderly aunts that would be using it and since they have trouble sitting and getting up, she wanted something that would be easier for them. She wasn't thinking of herself, just her family. So it was redone.....again. 





And the matching chair. 




I'm so happy with how it turned out. 
And I've told my other clients that yes...I will be doing more. Actually going to pick up another set this weekend. 
So from this.

To this

Now to get my fingers working again so I can paint.... :) 

Every have that project you love doing, hate doing, can't wait to get it done and want to do all over again? 

Yup....this was one of them. 

Sharing: 
   





3 comments:

  1. if this post twice sorry computer being a pain love the furniture you have to tell me your secret would love to make furniture like this following from coastal charm I'm lorraine have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete