Sunday 21 June 2015

Dancing on the furniture!

I love this time of year for yard sales.
And all the things you find on the side of the road. 

Town wide yard sales are the best. Everyone is out and trying to get rid of their things. 
I'm getting much better at doing the whole drive by thing. You know, where you see a yard sale but it's all toys or kids clothes. 
Yes I know, sometimes they have something really good in them, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm past that stage in my life. 
I started out grabbing a coffee at my local Timmies yesterday, then headed off. 

On my way, I found this
Of course I had to pull over. The picture makes it look pretty good. But the veneer is coming off all of it. The top and front have been painted. But what you can't see is why I nabbed it. The detail on the bottom and the fact that this baby is solid walnut under all that veneer. The top is loose as is one of the side. Thankfully I know how to fix that. Can't wait to start on it. 

Then off to a local town wide sale. 
Lots of clothes, lots of dishes..but only a bit of furniture. 
So I didn't get a whole lot, but what I did get was quality stuff. 
A few chairs. 
See the Eastlake one? That's a "ladies" chair, and thankfully I had already picked up the "gentleman's" Chair last year...so now I have a matching set. :) Yup....did a bit of a happy dance over that one :) 

Then my crazy wonderful find that nearly had me skipping and dancing on it. 

ok...I admit the colour is awful...but isn't she pretty? 
I had mentioned to hubby just the night before that I wanted to try my hand on this style. Almost like an extended wing back. I can't wait to get started on it. But it does need a bit of repair, and of course, new material. 
Hubby and I sat in front of the computer last night looking a fabric and design for this baby. 
But before all of that.......I have several other couches and chairs that need to be finished up. 
Better get to work. 

All of these are waiting on foam, but have been torn down, painted and ready to go!



My stapler and I are certainly going to get a workout this week :) 

What have you found lately?




1 comment: